Perpetual pavement is a type of asphalt pavement that is flexible but is strong. It will last long even when under a lot of pressure and foot traffic. This type of asphalt pavement is made up of several layers making it more durable and longer lasting. It is not susceptible and prone to cracking as its bottom layer is made to be strong and flexible at the same time. The middle layer of perpetual pavement adds more structural protection, while the last layer which is made of HMA (hot mix asphalt) is made to be rut-resistant that does not need extensive maintenance. However, this is not the only benefit you can get out of using perpetual pavement. Here is a list of five more benefits that you will enjoy if you choose to have perpetual pavement in your home and business.
- It saves time. Perpetual pavement does not need a lot of maintenance. When it does, the top layer is the only one that will need it. Thus, it saves time. Because not every layer needs to be maintained, users of the pavement will not experience a lot of inconveniences
- It saves money. The money that is saved by using perpetual pavement comes from the fact that it does not need a lot of maintenance. Only the top layer needs to be reconstructed, thus saving time and money in the process. This is one benefit that other types of pavement cannot provide. Other pavements need to be fully reconstructed to look new and to be in good working condition. When a pavement needs a full reconstruction, a lot of time and money needs to be invested.
- It improves visual contrast. Asphalt is the main ingredient of perpetual pavement. This means that road markings and road lines will be more visible. This makes this type of pavement safer to drive as traffic signs can be easily seen and recognized.
- It decreases skidding. Asphalt pavements are not only known for a variety of benefits that commuters enjoy, but it has also been proven that asphalt pavements are better when it comes to decreasing skidding. This helps prevent road accidents, especially when raining.
- It environmentally friendly. Perpetual pavements are made out of recyclable materials. This means that using perpetual pavement is helping the environment. Because this type of pavement is made out of recyclable material, perpetual pavements can also be recycled. In addition, because it lasts longer than other types of pavements, you will not have to worry about replacing it every five years. This makes perpetual pavement friendlier to the budget and more environmentally friendly.
Of course, there are other types of pavements that you can use for your home and your business. But before deciding what material to use, make sure that you have checked every available pavement material there is. Check what is more beneficial for you, and choose the one that will give you more driving convenience.